Mark Twain’s Wit and Wisdom
December 26, 2021
I recently came across a book of quotes by writers of the 19th century. In this book there was one section that had some very witty yet wise quotes by Mark Twain.
Most of us know of Mark Twain through the stories of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876) and its sequel, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1884). Mark Twain is considered by many as one of America’s best humorists.
I am reproducing below ten of the really witty and wise quotes attributed to Mark Twain. I am sure you will enjoy these.
- Don’t wrestle with Pigs. You both get dirty and the Pig likes it.
- Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
- It’s not the size of the dog in the fight. It’s the size of the fight in the dog.
- If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
- If you want love and abundance in your life, give it away.
- When your opinions start to coincide with those of the majority, reconsider your opinion.
- Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.
- The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.
- Knowledge becomes wisdom only after it has been put to good use.
- The secret to getting ahead is getting started.