Effort And Intention
February 18, 2020
- Writing every day does not make one a better writer.
- Practicing music every day does not make one a better musician
- Cooking every day does not make one a better cook.
- Just meeting more people does not make one better at networking.
- Spending more time with the child every day does not make one a better parent.
More is not necessarily better.
Just doing stuff repeatedly may create a habit, but it does not improve the skill.
We become better at something only when we put in the time and effort with deliberate intention.
I need to have an intention about what specific aspect of my performance I want to improve.
I need to then put in the effort with the intention to improve that facet of my performance.
Effort has to be mindful- Effort has to be deliberate. It needs to have a goal, an objective- To keep raising the bar.