April 12, 2020
Most of our life runs on habits. The way we wake up, the way we think, the way we experience emotions, the way we feel, the way we react, the actions we take, the relationships we maintain.
Many times you may not even know that something you do is a habit until someone points it out to you.
“You are always late”- that’s a weak habit.
“You are funny, always cracking jokes”- Inducing humor in conversations is a good habit.
“You always look at things negatively”- It’s a habit that may be holding you back.
As you read this, reflect on your habits and how they impact your life today.
- Do they make you feel empowered or weak?
- Do they hold you back, or do they or free you?
- Do they help you grow as a person?
The good news is that we have the power to change our dis-empowering habits and replace them with once that makes you better, positive, and powerful.
Think of which habits you would like to Stop doing, Start doing and Continue doing.
As we get into a new week, here are five inspiring quotes on habits, to get you started on this idea.
- You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine- John Maxwell
- Practice isn’t the thing you do once you’re good. It’s the thing you do that makes you good- Malcolm Gladwell
- Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going- Jim Rohn
- I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks, but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times-Bruce Lee
- Habit is the intersection of knowledge (what to do), skill (how to do), and desire (want to do). –Stephen R. Covey