July 19, 2022
I did not know anything about the Holstee manifesto till very recently.
In 2010 Three founders of a small apparel company, Holstee, wrote down a set of ideals as a manifesto for how they would want to live their life. The manifesto is a 15-sentence message comprising brief commandments that make for powerful reading. For some quirky reason, this manifesto became a bestseller, ironically outselling any other products the apparel company sold. The manifesto became a source of inspiration that many tech entrepreneurs embraced. Here is how it reads.
This is your life.
- Do what you want and do it often.
- If you don’t like something, change it.
- If you don’t like your job, quit.
- If you don’t have enough time, stop watching TV.
- If you are looking for the love of your life, stop; they will be waiting for you when you start doing things you love.
- Stop over-analysing, life is simple.
- All emotions are beautiful.
- When you eat, appreciate every last bite.
- Life is simple.
- Open your heart, mind and arms to new things and people, we are united in our differences.
- Ask the next person you see what their passion is and share your inspiring dream with them.
- Travel often; getting lost will help you find yourself.
- Some opportunities only come once, seize them.
- Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them, so go out and start creating.
- Life is short, live your dream and share your passion.
The actual Manifesto poster looks like this.
If you wish to create a poster of the Holstee Manifesto you can download a pdf copy from this Link