November 2, 2022
Albert Einstein was not just a scientist , he was also a humanist who believed in the ideal of spirituality in science and passionately advocated for the application of reason and compassion to curb the dangers of unbridled human ambition.
While the world celebrates the legacy of his scientific ideas, many of his deeply spiritual and humanistic ideas have not found the same space in the narrative of who Einstein was.
As I was browsing through my notebook of Quotes, I came across a some of his thoughts that eloquently capture his perspective of human thinking. Sharing some of them below.
- Let us not forget that human knowledge and skills alone cannot lead humanity to a happy and dignified life.
- We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
- The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
- Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
- Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.
- There are only two ways to live a life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- If you can’t explain it to a six year old, you don’t understand it yourself.
- Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
- Never memorize something you can look up.