The Cosmic Thali
May 9, 2020
Where your attention goes, energy flows. What you focus on more you get more of in your life.
Imagine your friend invites you for dinner, and she has prepared a Thali spread (Indian-style meal made up of a selection of various dishes served on a platter) for you.
What is your natural response? You start by quickly snacking on all the dishes served. There is a particular dish you love, and there is another one that you don’t quite enjoy. You focus your attention on the dish that you really like. You can’t resist admiring the taste. “Wow, this dish is so yummy.” You go gaga. Your host is very pleased. She graciously serves you more of that dish until you can’t take anymore. Dinner ends. As your host is clearing the plate, she also notices that there is one particular dish that you just tasted a bit but did not consume. She knows that you did not enjoy that specific dish.
Now, if you were to get invited again to your friend’s house, what is likely to be prepared? The one dish you raved about and enjoyed will likely get an encore while the other recipe will get a skip. In fact anytime that particular dish is prepared, your friend’s wife may actually remember and send some over to you, for she knows how much you love that dish.
Our life is a divine play. We are all god’s children. God or any higher power you trust is our cosmic host. We are her guests on this earth. The infinite host will serve more of what we pay attention to. That is the way the universal laws of life play out. You pay attention by celebrating something; you are sending out a message that you like that, and you will get more of it.
- So you want success. Celebrate even the smallest of victories. Feel good about the win. You will attract more success. Instead,if your mind is filled with fear of failure, you are subconsciously drawing more fear and failure into your life.
- If you want more abundance, then celebrate abundance. Don’t behave like a miser. You will attract more misery. What you pay attention to is what you will experience more of.
- You want good health than pay attention to keeping yourself healthy by being active and disciplined. Commit to more actions of good health; you will attract good health. You sloth around, you are sending out a message to the universal source that health is not essential for you.
- You want to be courageous and feel powerful. Commit to acts of courage and attract more power into your life. You shirk in fear; you are sending out a message that you don’t want the potential to be courageous.
- You want more great relationships in your life. Celebrate the few relationships you have. Cherish them. You will attract more significant relationships. Instead, if you ignore those who are nearest to you, you are sending out a message that contradicts what you are seeking to attract.
If you want the cosmic host to serve what you want, you only have to give more attention to what you wish to manifest in your life. What you pay attention to, you get more of. This is an immutable law of life.