June 5, 2022
Aristotle was an ancient Greek scientist and philosopher who contributed to almost every aspect of human knowledge, from logic to biology to psychology to ethics. In the world of philosophy, he was regarded as the “First Teacher.” There are many beautiful quotes attributed to Aristotle that bring out the essence of a good life and what it takes to live one. Here a ten of my favorite Aristotle Quotes.
- It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
- Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.
- Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.
- Happiness depends upon ourselves.
- Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
- He who has overcome his fears will truly be free.
- Those who know, do. Those that understand, teach.
- I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self.
- Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.
- Learning is not child’s play; we cannot learn without pain.