My Ten Favorite Maya Angelou Quotes
July 22, 2022
I love collecting quotes by Maya Angelou, the renowned American poet and civil rights hero. I find them very inspiring. Here is a sample of ten of her beautiful quotes that I have in my collection.
- Without courage we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.
- Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.
- It’s one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself: to forgive. Forgive everybody.
- Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.”
- People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.
- I’ve learned that that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.
- We need much less than we think we need.
- If I am not good to myself, how can I expect anyone else to be good to me?