Twelve Ideas On Problem Solving
June 30, 2021
Problem-solving is a vital competency and skill that everyone needs to display. It is the process by which we find solutions to our Problems, opportunities, and everyday challenges we encounter. Problem-solving is also an attitude and a mindset.
Here are twelve ideas on problem-solving picked up from different sources that can operate like mental models for all of us.
- Many of our problems in life are because of 2 reasons.
- We act without thinking.
- Or we think without acting.
- Solve the problem or leave the problem but don’t live with the problem.
- Running away from any problem only increases the distance from the solution. The easiest way to escape a problem is by solving it.
- When solving problems, dig at the roots instead of sniping at the leaves.
- All our relationship problems will disappear if we talk to each other instead of talking about each other.
- Don’t be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.
- Instead of trying to fix my problems, if I fix my thinking, the problems will fix themselves.
- We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Often your problem isn’t the problem. Your reaction is the problem.
- When you focus on the problems, you encounter more problems. When you focus on the possibilities, you see more opportunities.
- When a problem happens, getting depressed is not a solution. It just becomes one more problem.
- Break the habit of talking about your problems. Instead, talk about your joys.