My 22 Rules Of Life To Guide Me In 2023
January 1, 2023
In the year 2020, I wrote about the Ten Rules Of My Life- a manifesto of the important values I use as a GPS to live my best life. At the end of the year 2021, I added 11 new rules to my original list of ten. I called it the 21 Rules of my life.
As the year 2022 comes to a close, I am sharing the same list of 21 with one additional rule(Rule No 22) added.
Here are my manifesto of 22 Rules of my life that I carry with me as we move into 2023.
- If something does not kill me, it is undoubtedly a life lesson, and it will make me stronger and better than where I am today.
- Don’t waste time and energy on things you can’t control. Accept and let go.
- It does not matter how good or bad your situation is today. Be sure; it will change. So maturity is in being balanced irrespective of whether the situation is very good or very bad.
- When you are in a state of stress of any sort, pay attention to your breathing. There is nothing more calming.
- Don’t sweat on what happened and instead focus on what is happening. Be present.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have everything you need.
- Invest in your fitness and health for your family’s sake.
- As a parent, what you DO speaks louder than what you SAY. Your children will be influenced by what you do and not what you say.
- What others think of you matters less than what you think of yourself.
- Positive thinking does not guarantee success, but negative thinking will certainly guarantee failure.
- Always be prepared to take risks because it means you are trying. In the end, you will only regret the chances you did not take.
- Take full responsibility in whatever you are doing. Don’t whine, complain and give excuses because they add no value.
- Don’t break the chain when it comes to good habits. The pain of restarting a good habit is much more than the pain of continuing with the good habit.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. No one is.
- Always say YES, particularly when your inner voice is telling you to say NO because of fear or discomfort. YES is your gateway to your potential.
- You don’t know all the answers. Always be ready to take help.
- Be generous in giving time, smiles, appreciation, help, attention, and money. You will be happier when you give.
- Don’t judge others. You never know the full story.
- Seek to be around those better than you always. They will make you better.
- Spend time with yourself every day. You will get to know yourself better and become better at managing your life.
- Don’t let Busy distance you from your family and friends. They are the only ones who matter
- Maintain a grateful mind. Focus on everything happening for you instead of what’s happening to you.
Stay safe, stay peaceful, stay contented, stay blessed, and stay happy- Wishing everyone a brilliant 2023