November 13, 2023
Productivity is the art of getting stuff done efficiently and feeling good about it. You are productive when you are able to optimize your efforts to get the best outcomes.
I have six simple rules to operate at my productive best on most days.
- Focus on being productive, not busy.
- Embrace Pareto’s Principle fully. Focus on the 20% of work that brings 80% of the results.
- Ask yourself- “If this is the only thing I will accomplish today, will I be satisfied?” This will help you prioritize those tasks that truly matter to you.
- Eat the Frog first. Do the most important(and very likely the most difficult) tasks first before anything else every day.
- Action, Action, Action. Prioritize the habit of “Doing” over “thinking”
- If you can- look to delegate or automate the unimportant tasks.