My 21 Rules Of Life To Guide Me In 2022
December 31, 2021
In 2020, I wrote about the Ten Rules Of My Life- a manifesto of the important values I use as a GPS to live my best life. As I keep taking in new experiences, new people, new conversations, and new insights, new values also begin to take root and get added to my Rules of Life. As 2021 draws to a close, I have added 11 new rules to my original list of ten.
Here are my 21 Rules of life that I carry with me as we move into 2022.
- If something does not kill me, it is undoubtedly a life lesson, and it will make me stronger and better than where I am today.
- Don’t waste time and energy on things you can’t control.
- It does not matter how good or bad your situation is today. Be sure; it will change. So maturity is in being balanced irrespective of whether the situation is very good or very bad.
- When you are in a state of stress of any sort, pay attention to your breathing. There is nothing more calming.
- Don’t sweat on what happened and instead focus on what is happening. Be present.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have everything you need.
- Invest in your fitness and health for your family’s sake.
- As a parent, what you DO speaks louder than what you SAY. Your children will be influenced by what you do and not what you say.
- What others think of you matters less than what you think of yourself.
- Positive thinking does not guarantee success, but negative thinking will certainly guarantee failure.
- Always be prepared to take risks because it means you are trying. In the end, you will only regret the chances you did not take.
- Take full responsibility in whatever you are doing. Don’t whine, complain and give excuses because they add no value.
- Don’t break the chain when it comes to good habits. The pain of restarting a good habit is much more than the pain of continuing with the good habit.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. No one is.
- Always say YES, particularly when your inner voice is telling you to say NO because of fear or discomfort. YES is your gateway to your potential.
- You don’t know all the answers. Always be ready to take help.
- Be generous in giving-time, smiles, appreciation, help, attention, money. You will be happier when you give.
- Don’t judge others. You never know the full story.
- Seek to be around those better than you always. They will make you better.
- Spend time with yourself everyday. You will get to know yourself better and become better at managing your life.
- Don’t let Busy distance you from your family and friends. They are the only one’s who matter.
Stay safe, stay peaceful, stay contented, stay blessed, stay happy- Wishing everyone a brilliant 2022.