Remembering The Words OF Master Thích Nhất Hạnh
January 27, 2022
More than a year back, I had shared a post about the Wisdom Of Master Thích Nhất Hạnh by capturing eight of his powerful messages that I found endearing.
The Vietnamese master credited by many to be the father of the mindfulness movement passed away five days back at the age of 95.
Many of my blogs on mindfulness are drawn from a few of his books like Peace Is Every Step, You Are Here- Discovering The Magic Of The Present Moment.
There is no bigger tribute to the ever-smiling Zen master than recollecting and trying to live to the ideals he espoused. Therefore, I am sharing more of his wisdom captured in beautiful words that we can use as inspiration to lead our best life.
- There is no way to happiness- Happiness is the way.
- Happiness does not come from the consumption of things.
- Many people think excitement is happiness…But when you are excited, you are not peaceful. True happiness is based on peace.
- Touching the present moment, we realize that the present is made of the past and is creating the future.
- The best way to take care of the future is to take care of the present moment.
- The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it.
- People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?
- To think in terms of either pessimism or optimism oversimplifies the truth. The problem is to see reality as it is.
- Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness. If, in our hearts, we still cling to anything—anger, anxiety, or possessions—we cannot be free.
- Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.
- For things to reveal themselves to us, we need to be ready to abandon our views about them.
- Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos—the trees, the clouds, everything.
- In true love, there is no pride.