Abundance Or Scarcity-What’s Your Mindset?
May 5, 2022
When you show up with an abundance mindset, you see possibilities. In contrast, when you come with a scarcity or constraint mindset, you only see obstacles and challenges.
Stephen Covey popularized the idea of an abundance mindset in his book The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People.
An abundance mindset comes with the worldview that there are enough resources and successes for all to share. On the other hand, someone with a scarcity mindset believes that there isn’t enough to go around and that each person must guard their accomplishments or resources against others.
A person with an abundance mindset will always see others as potential collaborators rather than competitors who want to take what they have. An abundance mindset is one of gratitude and the belief that there are endless possibilities and opportunities and that helping others achieve their goals will help you achieve your own.
Do you operate with an abundance mindset or a scarcity mindset?
It can sometimes be challenging to recognize when a thought originates from a scarcity mindset. Here are some examples of scarcity mindset thoughts versus abundance mindset thoughts.
- Scarcity Mindset- “I have reached the limit of what I can do.”
- Abundance Mindset- “New opportunities are emerging all the time. I have grown into my accomplishments, and I will continue to grow.”
- Scarcity Mindset- “I’m not sure the business can continue to grow. The best work has already been done.”
- Abundance Mindset- “Given that the business has grown considerably, I believe it is a high-growth area. It will be an excellent opportunity to prosper. “
- Scarcity Mindset- “I have worked so hard, and I deserve credit. Why should anyone else take any credit?
- Abundance Mindset- “No achievement happens in isolation. Others have helped me too. I am grateful for the support of others in my success.”
- Scarcity Mindset- “There are so many challenges, and I receive no support. How am I supposed to move forward?”
- Abundance Mindset- My destiny is in my hands, and the opportunities are endless; I am capable of achieving my goals.”
- Scarcity Mindset- “I am at a dead end. No one is giving me any good breaks, even though I am working very hard.”
- Abundance Mindset- “Each day brings new opportunities, and if I am not alert, I may miss them.”