Get Good At Executing The Mundane
August 3, 2022
Delivering great results often requires us to be great at doing mundane work.
- Closing the multi-million dollar deal requires you to spend endless hours obsessing over boring yet necessary legalese, paying attention to the minor details.
- Writing the masterpiece requires you to spend hours daily tapping endlessly on your keyboard, writing ordinary stuff.
- Becoming a domain expert requires you to pore over hundreds of reports connecting the dots.
- Becoming a good leader requires you not just to lead but also to deal with lots of mundane administrative stuff.
We all want to escape the mediocre life to lead a life of greatness. But unfortunately, one giant boulder stands in our way, and it is mundane execution– doing the work that is repetitive and boring but important.
A great predictor of whether you get to experience excellent outcomes in life is this- Do you execute on those repetitive and mundane tasks despite….
- How you feel
- Whether it’s a good day or a bad day
- What people say
If you can become robotic in executing your mundane tasks, you will naturally be brilliant at completing the big value-creating tasks.