You Are Relaxed When You Are In Service Of Others
October 26, 2021
There are days when I feel distracted, and my mind is scattered all over the place. As a result, I struggle to focus or concentrate, feeling overwhelmed.
Looking back, I have noticed a common pattern in all those moments.
There is something about the situation that I am subconsciously worried about from the point of self-interest.
- Will the client confirm the order in my favor?
- How will this new regulation impact my business?
- Will the person I have made the offer to accept it?
- Will my friend agree to help me?
- I don’t know what to do-How do I come out of this issue?
Self-centeredness and self-interest were always the sources of my disturbed mind.
In contrast, an other-centered mind is always relaxed. When I am doing something in service of others – my organization, family, or community – I am relaxed about myself. I can concentrate and focus.
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.Mahatma Gandhi