What’s In Your Control
June 7, 2023
What is in your control?
In a business review this afternoon, a young colleague presented his quarterly plan. As a preamble, he began by emphasizing his intention to prioritize aspects within his control while consciously avoiding concerns beyond his control.
His messaging triggered in my mind the memory of a lovely post I came across on LinkedIn a few days back about things we all can control in our lives.
I am sharing below The Things you can control. Take a moment to go through the list. It’s powerful.
- Your beliefs.
- Your attitude.
- Your thoughts.
- Your perspective.
- How honest you are.
- Who your friends are.
- What books you read.
- How often you exercise.
- The type of food you eat.
- How many risks you take.
- How kind you are to others.
- How you interpret situations.
- How kind you are to yourself.
- How often you say, “I love you.”
- How often you say “Thank you.”
- How you express your feelings.
- Whether or not you ask for help.
- How often you practice gratitude.
- How many times you smile today.
- The amount of effort you put forth.
- How you spend/invest your money.
- How much time you spend worrying.
- How often you think about your past.
- Whether or not you judge other people.
- Whether or not you try again after a setback.
- How much you appreciate the things you have.
Acknowledgment: David Mclean, LinkedIn Top Voices, for sharing this & Cindy Kremer, BA(Hons) MHRM CHRL, for her original post.
We live in a world of unknowns that we cannot always control. This list is an excellent reminder of what we can rightfully control, always !!